Buying perfume for someone is a lovely gesture, but it can be challenging. How someone wants to present themselves and the way they smell is personal, and you don’t want to get the wrong one. Not to mention that stores sell about a hundred different options, and they are all different. So how can you choose the one that will be the best gift for your lady? Thankfully, we’ve got all the help you need. Keep reading to learn how to choose or buying perfume for her/women!
Do Your Homework- Buying Perfume
You need to know what she already likes before going and getting her something new. You can either ask her, and she will realize you are getting her something, or you can do a little spy work. The first option ensures that you will get the right one, but the surprise is ruined. The second takes a little work. Wait until she is out of the room and check the perfumes she already has. The one with the least in it will be the one she uses the most. If you get her another bottle, you know she will like it, but it may not seem as unique. As such, you may need to do a little more studying.
Perfumes For Women Have Categories
When looking at perfumes for women, there are typically seven categories of choices and scents. Because of that, your lady’s perfume should fall into one of these categories.
- Gourmand- Gourmand is sweet, and the smells will resemble things like chocolate or sweet treats.
- Woody- Woody scents tend to have a natural or forest smell.
- Oriental– Oriental scents are vanilla, amber, and sandalwood as their main ingredients. As they are muskier, they are usually worn when you are having a night out.
- Fougere– Fougere is highly aromatic. The scents include lavender, oakmoss, vetiver, and other fresh herb smell options. Fougere is geared toward men most of the time and has a masculine scent. However, there are plenty for women.
- Floral-Floral scents are the most popular for women, and the smells range from roses to new fields.
- Fresh- Fresh scents will smell citrusy. You’ll find ingredients like lemon, bergamot, oranges, or grapefruit. The smell is clean and reminds people of sunny days.
- Chypre-Chypre is a sophisticated, rare, and feminine smell. The Chypres are one of the hardest fragrances to understand because they are married with other scents. For instance, the Chypre marries with warm, dry, and woody fragrances and elements from the different scent families. As such, it can be hard to pin down.
When you’re looking for perfumes for women, your loved one’s favorite will be from one of these scents above or a combination of them. Thankfully, we live in a digital age, and you don’t have to spend hours figuring it out. Simply Google it, and it will tell you which one it’s from.
It’s Time To Buy
Now that you know what your lady likes, you can find a better version. There are great online resources that will have categories that can help you. However, if you want to take action yourself, go to your department store. However, keep in mind that after you smell a handful of fragrances, your nose will go ‘blind.’ Know what you are looking for, and you can avoid this and get your loved one something she will adore!
Hello, I am a professional writer, with more than 10 years of writing experience. I love to write on the science related subjects and share knowledge with my readers. I hope all my reader friends will enjoy my work.