Most of us have been there before: we’re in the middle of a great workout when we suddenly realise that our makeup is starting to run. Or, even worse, we’ve finished our workout only to discover that our face is covered in smudges and sweat. It’s enough to make any woman want to give up on her beauty routine altogether with Workout Makeup!
Whether you enjoy swimming, jogging, weightlifting, dancing, or any other type of activity, it’s always beneficial to look stunning while sweating! Eyelash extensions keep your appearance flawless as you work out in the gym. However, all the sweat and water can harm your lashes.
With a few simple tips, you can easily wear eyelash extensions while you exercise – and still look fabulous when you’re done.
As a side note here:
If you’re wondering if you can exercise straight after your eyelash extension appointment, the best answer is no. It is best to always wait a day before breaking your sweat.
The glue utilized in lash extensions is picky, and it takes the ideal atmosphere to set in order to dry properly. This waiting period is vital for the lash glue to fully cure. The drying time is shortened when moisture from the air is trapped. It eventually reduces lash retention by weakening the adhesive bond between them.
Keep these 6 tips in mind when you do hit the gym:
Table of Contents
1. Avoid waterproof mascara
“Waterproof mascara can cause your lash extensions to loosen and fall out prematurely. If you must use mascara, opt for a non-waterproof formula”, recommends Australian professional lash extension supplier, Lash Street.
This is especially important if you plan on exercising, as sweat and heat can cause the mascara to run and potentially damage your lash extensions.
If you absolutely must wear mascara with your lash extensions, be sure to use a waterproof formula that won’t budge during your workout. And be sure to remove it thoroughly afterwards – using an oil-based makeup remover will help break down the waterproof formula and prevent any residue from being left behind on your lashes.
2. Use an oil-free makeup remover – Workout Makeup
Some products can contain oils that can break down the adhesive that keeps your lashes in place, causing them to fall out prematurely.
That’s why it’s important to use an oil-free makeup remover when you have lash extensions. These products are specifically designed to remove makeup without harming the delicate lash adhesive.
Looking for an oil-free makeup remover, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First, make sure that the product is labeled “oil-free.” Some products may claim to be oil-free but actually contain small amounts of oil that can clog pores and cause breakouts.
Second, look for a makeup remover that contains gentle ingredients like glycerin or witch hazel. These ingredients will help dissolve makeup without stripping away natural oils from your skin.
Finally, avoid products that contain harsh chemicals or fragrances. These can irritate your skin and cause more breakouts.
3. Be gentle when washing your face
Avoid scrubbing your face too vigorously when washing or cleansing as this can also cause your lash extensions to loosen and fall out.
Try follow this the next time you wash your face:
- Use a mild cleanser on your face – stay away from harsh scrubs or anything that contains alcohol, as this will dry out your skin and could cause the lash glue to loosen.
- Use a soft washcloth or sponge to gently wash your face in circular motions. Avoid scrubbing, which can irritate the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Be sure to rinse all of the cleanser off your face before moving on to the next step.
- Apply a light layer of oil-free moisturizer to help keep your skin hydrated.
- When towel drying your face, be sure to pat gently – don’t rub.
- Avoid using any products near your eyes that could potentially get into your lashes and cause irritation or infection. This includes makeup, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- If you’re using an eye cream or serum, apply it before bed rather than in the morning so it doesn’t come into contact with your lash extensions during the day.
4. Avoid steam rooms and saunas
The heat and steam can cause the lash adhesive to loosen, resulting in your lashes falling out. If you must use a steam room or sauna, be sure to cover your eyes with a towel to protect your lashes.
5. Avoid rubbing your eyes
This can cause your lash extensions to become detached from the natural lashes, leading to premature shedding.
When you have eyelash extensions, it’s important to avoid rubbing your eyes. This can cause the lashes to fall out and can also damage the extensions.
- Use an eye lubricant before starting your workout. This will help keep your eyes moist and reduce the chance of irritation.
- Wear sunglasses or a visor to protect your eyes from sweat.
- Avoid touching your face during your workout. If you do accidentally touch your eyes, be sure to wash your hands immediately afterwards.
- After your workout, gently remove any sweat or makeup that may have accumulated on your lashes with a cotton swab or soft cloth.
6. Use a clean, soft brush to comb through your lashes
This will help prevent tangles and keep them looking their best.
It will also help loosen any mascara or other products that may be clinging to your lashes, making it easier to wash them away.
Be sure to choose one that is specifically designed for use on the eyes, as these will be the most gentle on your delicate skin. When using the brush, be careful not to scrub too hard – just lightly run the bristles through your lashes until all of the makeup has been removed.
Be also sure to choose one that is specifically designed for use on the eyes, as these will be the most gentle on your delicate skin. When using the brush, be careful not to scrub too hard – just lightly run the bristles through your lashes until all of the makeup has been removed.
Following these simple tips, you can look your best while staying active and in a healthy sweat session without having to worry about your eyelash extensions!
Hello, I am a professional writer, with more than 10 years of writing experience. I love to write on the science related subjects and share knowledge with my readers. I hope all my reader friends will enjoy my work.