What are Whitening Strips? | Top 4 Best Whitening Strips on the Market. Looking for an easy, convenient way to whiten your teeth? Whitening strips might be your answer!
A simple and convenient alternative to teeth whitening, whitening strips offer a fast, easy way to achieve whiter, brighter teeth.
Using teeth-whitening strips can be a good way to brighten and whiten your teeth, but there are several things to remember before you choose this type of whitening method. Home whitening strips are a popular and effective way of whitening your teeth.
They are an inexpensive and convenient alternative to professional teeth whitening treatments. But there are so many options. Below, we will examine some of the best whitening strips available.
What are whitening strips?
Strips are an at-home teeth whitening treatment that is applied to the surface of the teeth. They usually contain a bleaching agent, such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, that is effective at removing surface stains.
Types of Whitening Strips:
Whitening strips are available in several types:
1. Basic Whitening Strips:
This type of whitening strip can be purchased generally at drugstores and online. The strips are typically packaged in 28 stripes, with 14 strips for the upper teeth and 14 strips for the lower teeth, respectively. It is a good idea to use basic whitening strips for those who are trying whitening strips for the first time, or who only wish to maintain their whitened teeth after whitening strips have been applied.
2. Advanced Whitening Strips:
With higher concentrations of bleaching agents and longer use times, these strips are intended to achieve more dramatic results than basic whitening strips. The strips are excellent choices if you wish to alter the color of your teeth more significantly.
3. Sensitivity Whitening Strips:
These strips are designed for individuals with sensitive teeth and gums, as they contain a lower concentration of bleaching agents and are gentler on the teeth and gums. They may be a good choice for those who desire whiter teeth but are concerned about their sensitivity.
Considerations When Choosing Whitening Strips:
- Ingredients: There is a considerable variation in the elements in whitening strips, so you must read the label and make sure that you choose strips containing safe, effective ingredients. Look for strips that contain hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide as the active ingredient in the whitening procedure.
- Sensitivity: You may wish to consider whitening strips with sensitivity-specific ingredients that contain a lower concentration of bleaching agents and have been formulated with desensitizing agents if you suffer from sensitive teeth or gums.
- Treatment time: The basic whitening strips should be worn for 30 minutes per day, whereas the advanced whitening strips may need to be worn for several hours per day. You should select a treatment time that fits into your schedule and lifestyle.
- Price: When selecting a whitening strip, consider your budget. Most basic strips cost around $20 while more advanced strips can cost up to $50.
Best Whitening Strips on the Market:
1. Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitening Strips:
This product contains a higher concentration of bleaching agents and is intended to provide professional-level whitening results at home. It is designed to be worn for 10 minutes per day for 20 days to achieve the best results.
2. Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse:
A pre-treatment mouthwash is used before applying whitening strips. This product contains a unique combination of hydrogen peroxide and fluoride that helps remove surface stains and prepares the teeth for whitening.
3. Colgate Optic White Express White Whitening Strips:
Designed for fast teeth whitening, these strips yield visible results in just three days. They contain less bleaching agent than other whitening strips, making them a good choice for those with sensitive teeth.
4. Glam white Teeth Whitening Strips:
They contain a specially formulated blend of coconut oil, chamomile, and peppermint oil. They are gentle on the teeth and gums, making them suitable for those who have sensitive teeth.
How do whitening strips work?
A peroxide-based gel is applied to the teeth’ surface by whitening strips. It is thought that the active ingredient in this gel, typically hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, penetrates the enamel and dentin of the tooth, removing surface discoloration and stains.
The peroxide also triggers a chemical reaction that helps to brighten the tooth and make it appear whiter.
A thin, flexible strip coated with whitening gel is applied to the teeth for a specified period, usually, around 30 minutes, based on the manufacturer’s instructions. A strip conforms to the shape of your teeth and allows the whitening gel to contact all surfaces of your teeth.
1. How long do whitening strips take to work?
Depending on the type of strip and the individual, whitening strips can take varying amounts of time to work according to the best dentist in Charlotte. A basic whitening strip typically requires 30 minutes a day of use, while an advanced whitening strip may require several hours a day of use. In some cases, visible results can be achieved in as little as three days, while in others, it may be up to 20 days before it becomes visible.
2. How long do the results of whitening strips last?
A person’s oral hygiene, diet, and lifestyle may affect the results of whitening strips. Keeping good oral hygiene and limiting the consumption of stain-causing foods and drinks, such as coffee and red wine, will prolong the effectiveness of the whitening strips.
A whitening strip is a safe and effective method of whitening your teeth that is easy to use, relatively inexpensive, and can provide excellent results within a few days.
Using the right product and using it properly will enable you to achieve a brighter, whiter smile quickly and effectively.