Cleaning your kitchen may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With just a few simple cleaning hacks, you can make your kitchen sparkle in no time at all. The following are some of the best kitchen cleaning hacks that will help you keep your kitchen looking brand new without breaking the bank or spending hours on end cleaning.
Table of Contents
Pour Baking Soda and Vinegar Down Your Drain
This DIY cleaning hack is a classic for a reason. The combination of baking soda and vinegar will neutralize the smell of your drain and clean it, as well as unclog it if you’ve been having trouble with clogged drains.
Pour half a cup of baking soda down your drain, followed by one part vinegar. Let this mixture sit for up to an hour before running hot water through it. If you want to be extra cautious, run some bleach or hydrogen peroxide down the drain after using this method so you don’t accidentally create another nasty smell later on.
Use a Toothbrush to Get the Grime Off Your Cabinets
A toothbrush can do the trick if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to clean the grime off cabinets. Before you get started, make sure you have a soft bristle on hand and some dish soap and warm water. Then:
- Dip your toothbrush in the soapy water and start scrubbing away at the cabinets! You should find that there’s no need for much elbow grease here—apply light pressure while moving from top to bottom in long strokes until they look shiny as ever before your very eyes.
- Once finished, dry off any excess water with paper towels or an old t-shirt before giving them another coat of oil or wax if desired.
- Finally, bask in all of your hard work, knowing that nobody will be able to tell just how bad those cabinets were!
Use Coffee Filters and Club Soda to Wipe Down Granite Countertops
Coffee filters and club soda are great for cleaning the granite tops in your kitchen. You can use either method in the same way:
- Wet the coffee filter, then wring out as much water as possible.
- Wipe the countertop with the wet filter, then follow up with a dry one to eliminate any residual moisture and streaks from the previous step.
Use a Lemon to Clean Your Microwave
Most people know that lemon juice is a natural disinfectant. But did you know that it can also cut through grease and grime? To use this hack, wipe down your microwave with a damp cloth, squeeze some lemon juice onto another cloth and rub it inside. Let the appliance sit for 10 minutes before wiping it down with a clean cloth. You should notice that any stains have been lifted away.
Clean Your Hood Vent Fan With White Vinegar and Ammonia
You can also use white vinegar and ammonia to clean your vent hood. This is especially helpful if you have grease buildup in the fan. The best way to clean it is with a rag or paper towel. If you want to get fancy, you can also use a vacuum cleaner! You could even use a brush, toothbrush, or whatever else strikes your fancy to get into all those hard-to-reach places on the vents!
Clean Spills on Stoves by Pouring Salt on Them
Salt is your best friend when dealing with a stove spill. Pour salt over any spills on the stovetop and wait until they cool down. Once they are cool, wipe them up with a paper towel or rag. You can also use this method to clean up spills on the floor and counter if you don’t have any paper towels nearby.
Cleaning your kitchen is an essential part of keeping it in good condition. By following these tips and tricks, you can stay on top of any issues that arise, so they don’t become major problems.