Nail care is a mandatory and very important procedure, it is necessary for the fair sex no less than facial or hair care. After all, a girl’s hands attract the attention of men no less, and beautiful nails can become their real decorations.
No fancy manicure will look attractive and spectacular on nails that break, chip, or have an ugly, ribbed shape. Therefore, dear girls, to be always fully armed and feel confident, do not forget that beautiful hands are your business card! This is what essay rewriting service smartessayrewriter com and their paper rewriter Melisa states.
Proper nail care and its aspects
To always be pleased with your nails, care for them should be daily, and it is far from limited to cosmetic procedures. Only healthy nails can be beautiful, strong, and elastic, having a smooth shiny surface of a pinkish color, which does not chip, or break.
If the nail plate is deformed, has become too thin or, conversely, very thick, rough or dimpled, covered with white spots or brown longitudinal grooves, turned yellow, faded – all this indicates problems in the condition of the whole organism. And most often, this is a lack of vitamins (A, C, E), minerals, and useful elements (iron, calcium, phosphorus). Therefore, the first step towards healthy nails is proper nutrition.
Review your daily diet and be sure to include foods rich in vitamins:
- A (they are found in the liver, carrots, herbs, vegetable oil),
- C (especially in citrus fruits, black currants, cabbage, especially broccoli),
- Group B (eat more spinach, seaweed, sprouted wheat),
- trace elements (you get them with fish, seafood, cottage cheese, legumes, nuts, buckwheat porridge).
Advice! Bad habits are detrimental to the condition of the nail plate and its color, so throwing all your strength into adjusting your nutrition, try to say goodbye to nicotine addiction.
Nail care at home begins with a caring attitude to your hands. First of all, make it a rule to never do homework, during which you come into contact with household chemicals, without protective rubber gloves. Try to prevent overcooling of the nail plate, always putting on mittens or gloves in the winter. Moisturize the skin of your hands and nails with special creams.
When doing a manicure, follow these recommendations:
- avoid the use of metal nail files that destroy the nail surface, it is better to choose a glass nail file,
- do not use acetone, nail polish remover safe for nail structure is available today,
- use only high-quality tools, keep them in a sterile condition (after work, treat with alcohol solution),
- do not save on cosmetics, choosing varnishes, compositions and creams of dubious production, they can contain dangerous and harmful components,
- trim your nails and file them every two weeks,
- file only dry nails, the movements should be strictly in one direction,
- be sure to massage your hands and nails, masks, baths,
- pay attention to the cuticle,
- wash your hands with room temperature water.
Special home nail care: the best masks
Having figured out how to care for your nails at home, consider the special care in more detail, and start with masks.
A vegetable mask has a good effect, consisting of products that are always in the house. Grind the cabbage leaf and peeled raw potato in a blender, add a spoonful of sour cream to the mass. Put the mixture on your fingers, and after 15 minutes remove it with a damp cotton pad (it is better if it is moistened in warm milk).
Mix the egg yolk with a spoonful of honey, a spoonful of fresh lemon juice and a spoonful of linseed oil. Put on hands and hold for half an hour, be sure to wear warm gloves.
As a mask, you can use a hand cream, in which the manufacturer includes vitamins A, E. Apply it to your nails in a dense layer and leave it overnight.
Paraffin therapy is very effective. To make such a mask is not difficult: melt cosmetic paraffin, you can add a couple of drops of vitamin E to it, then dip your hands several times into the solution and wrap it with polyethylene, hold for about 15 minutes. Handles after the procedure will become soft, velvety, and nails – elastic.
Special nail care at home: the simplest and most effective baths
Special nail care will not be complete without baths, and of course, you need to start with the simplest and most effective of them – with sea salt. It is done simply: dissolve the salt in warm water (one tablespoon per glass) and dip your hands in it for ten minutes, then pat it with a towel and moisturize your skin with cream.
In equal proportions, mix daisy flowers, St. John’s wort and yarrow. Take a tablespoon of the collection, pour a glass of boiling water, give time to brew. Then strain and place your hands in the bath for 15 minutes.
An olive oil bath has an excellent effect, in which several drops of fresh lemon and iodine juice have been added. Warm up the composition a little, and then dip your fingertips into it for about fifteen minutes. After bath, rinse your hands with warm water.
The juice of fresh lemon will be able to whiten the nail plate and nourish it.
How to make nails beautiful: general recommendations
Proper nutrition, saturated with a full range of vitamins, minerals, useful elements is the key to the beauty and health of nails. In your daily diet, include foods rich in calcium, herbs, fruits, vegetables (especially broccoli), seafood, and necessarily citrus fruits. In periods of vitamin deficiency, multivitamin complexes, which are sold in ordinary pharmacies, will help to support the body.
Do not forget that nails do not like temperature extremes. Try to prevent their hypothermia in the winter (be sure to wear gloves or mittens), and in the summer, before going outside, lubricate your hands and nail plates with a moisturizer.
Take care of the nails and during the standard manipulations of manicure, namely:
- to file nails it’s better not to use a metal file,
- treat only dry nails before taking a bath, not after,
- file strictly in one direction,
- it is not recommended to use a hairdryer to speed up the drying of the varnish,
- lovers of very dark, saturated colors of varnish, it is advisable to first apply the base on the nails so that the nail plate does not lead to darkening.
Nail care applies not only to the hands, but also to the feet. Do not forget about it!