Applying eyeliner can be a challenging task, especially if you are a beginner at applying makeup. Many girls want to apply eyeliner, but they end up looking like a panda. If you are one of these girls, this article will provide you with complete information about how to apply eyeliner.
We have come up with a step by step guide that will help you understand how to apply eyeliner by yourself. You don’t need to be a makeup artist to perfectly apply eyeliner. Pay close attention to all steps mentioned below, and within a few weeks of practice, you will be a pro.
Table of Contents
How to Apply Eyeliner: Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Prepare your eyes
You can’t just wake up in the morning and apply eyeliner without prepping your eyes. This step is often overlooked and thus, to get perfect eyeliner application, it is important to pay close attention to this step. At this step, you need to apply a good quality moisturizer on your face and an eye cream around your eyes.
The eye cream will help you prevent premature wrinkling of skin around your eyes. In addition to this, it will also help you to prevent any kind of discoloration around your eyes.
Step 2: clean base
To get a clean and even base, it is important to apply a small amount of eye primer. Different brands of eye brands are available in the market. Choose the best among them. The main function of the primer is to make the areas around your eye and the eyelid skin to become smoother so that the eyeliner can be applied easily. In addition to this, the use of primer gives a flawless finish after application of eyeliners.
Step 3: Line away
Here comes the most important part of the eyeliner application. If you don’t know how to apply eyeliner, then it is advisable to keep the strokes small. Don’t make a thick layer initially. Once you are satisfied with the application on the first eye, move towards the second eye. You may need a few weeks of practice to be perfect at applying eyeliner.
Step 4: wing it out
Eyeliner is all about drawing wings. Every woman wants to have the perfect winged eyeliner. To get the perfect angle for a winged look, it is advisable to follow the natural line of your lower lash line. Initially, map out and then, fill it slowly. Take your time at this step. Try not to mess it up; otherwise, you may have to start all the steps again.
Step 5: Finishing look
Once you have successfully winged out the eyeliner, you can move towards the lower lash line. Try to fill it only the outer layer. For the lower lash line, it is always advisable to use pencil liner so that you don’t mess it up. If you want to have a hyped look, you can even try to smudge the eyeliner. But don’t go deep into smudging; otherwise, you will actually look like a panda.
Use all these steps to get the perfect eyeliner. If you are not satisfied will all these steps, let’s look at some other tips and tricks to get the perfect look:
More tips and Tricks
- When you are applying any kind of makeup, try to maintain a good sitting position. In case of applying eyeliner, try to rest your elbow on a flat surface so that you can have a steady hand while applying the eyeliner. If you have a dressing table, try to use that. If you are a beginner, don’t try to apply eyeliner by standings and without any support.
- Not many people know, but cosmetic mirrors are different from normal mirrors. The cosmetic mirrors are mostly double-sided. In cosmetic mirrors, one side is a normal mirror, and the other side is a magnified one. Thus, whenever you are applying any kind of makeup, make sure to use a cosmetic mirror. This way, the magnified mirror will help you to get a cleaner finish as you will get a closer look while applying the makeup.
- When you are applying eyeliner, always make sure to look down. Looking up will spoil your look, and you may not get the perfection you want.
- Try not to stretch your eyelids while you are applying eyeliner. Stretching it may give it the perfect eyeliner initially, but once your eyelids are back to normal, you will get nothing but a few criss-cross lines on your eyelids.
- Most women face difficulty in giving the perfect winged shape to the eyeliner. If you are one of them, you can use a credit card or a debit card to get the perfect shape. All you need to do is to hold the credit card close to the base of your eyelash line where you want the eyeliner to be winged. Thus, using a credit card for the application of eyeliner can be the best trick you can ever get.
- You can even use tape to give a winged look. But, the credit card is a better option for beginners.
Applying eyeliner is not as tough as it may seem. But, you need to practice a lot to get the best look. You can’t expect to get the perfect winged eyeliner for the first time you are using an eyeliner.
If you are new to the world of makeup application, eyeliner is one of the first makeup you can try to apply. Application of eyeliner gives a refreshed and new look to your face.
If you don’t know how to apply eyeliner, this step by step guide can be pretty useful to you.
All these steps and tricks are tried and tested, and thus, you can use it without worrying about not getting a perfect look. If you are attending a party of celebration so, start eyeliner application practice a few weeks before to get the best look. We hope this article will help you to get the perfect answer to the question, how to apply eyeliner yourself.
Let us know about your first eyeliner application experience.